Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Endless Love ~ For a Season

Wow, what a busy month March has turned out to be! We've been through below zero weather and are approaching 50 degree weather. And THAT, I tell you, is SWEET. Yesterday was the first day of Spring. To describe the way I feel about that, picture this:

A large, open meadow with blooming wildflowers of different colors in abundance. Spring is smiling at me from the other side of the meadow. I am running as fast as my clumsy feet will take me. Running with open arms, which makes the running a tad awkward, wearing a joyous smile upon my tears of happiness-streaked face. "Endless Love" is our background music for all of the birds and butterflies watching us to hear. And when I finally get there, I say, "I've waited for you for so long. I've been waiting for this day. Please don't ever leave me again!" And then I pause to think...unless someone better looking comes along, such as SUMMER.

3 comments:

griefcase.blogspot.com said...

It's nice to read your blog. What a treat! Thanks for sharing and Happy Spring!

Linda Della Donna
www.griefcase.blogspot.com

Jay Hudson said...

Ella,
I can identify with your "meadow" scene. I see a similar view when I'm on the computer and looking out across my backyard.The meadow is actually our pasture with tiny goats grazing,pink climbing roses all over the fencing,puppies playing chase. It's very soothing to me.

Thanks for sharing your meadow, and your blog.
It's a beautiful Spring day.Have a happy one!

Jay Hudson
Jay's Writer's World

Unknown said...

Ella,
Your imagery is excellant and reminds me of my home town, (many moons ago) in Wheeling, W.V.

What a unique concept, being in love with seasons of life. I relate.

Just Me
Pee Wee
www.willow-walk.tripod.com