Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Things That Go Beep In The Night

Sitting on Facebook last night getting my fill of what everyone’s been up to and enjoying my super quiet house, (All you could hear was the washer and dryer! And those are GOOD sounds!) I suddenly hear an alarm going off. I RACED down the stairs following the noise to the family room just off the side of my daughter’s bedrooms. They had had a late dance practice, needed to get up early for school, and have confirmation tonight. I need them to get their sleep!

It sounded like it was coming from near the TV…but when I got there, it sounded like it was coming from near the sofa. Then it was gone. Relieved, I headed back upstairs to peruse Facebook a bit more. Five minutes later, there it was again! This delightful dance of hide and seek lasted for at least a half an hour, and then finally quit. Was I hearing a cell phone alarm? A toy? A prank by my comical children? Was I being Punked?

Before logging off for the night I updated my Facebook Status to share my solo evening games with all of my “Friends” and then I called it a night.

I’ll bet it goes off again TONIGHT. I’ll bet I find it TONIGHT. And I know that this has happened to many, many others….because my “Friends” told me so.

No comments: