Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Night

I have a house FULL of children tonight. The kids are having friends over and I've just ordered Dominoes Pizzas to feed them in a very slumber party fashion. I was going to make a dish we call "Sunny Italy," which is like spaghetti in a casserole topped with cheddar cheese and pepperoni. It's a favorite of my children and they usually want that when they have sleepovers, but tonight my oldest was insistent; "DOMINOES PIZZA, MOM!!!"

The thing about slumber parties these days, is that it actually makes my life EASIER, if you can believe that. The kids go off with their own friends and I'm left alone. No sibling fights, no, "Mom I'm bored" to deal with. I just have to feed them and remind them NUMEROUS times to go to sleep. I don't mind when they want friends over. I remember when they were little, it meant planning activities. We'd bake something, we'd do a craft, play a game, go outside...I'd have to plan it out. No longer. I suggested the oldest girls play a game or something and when I mentioned Hungry Hippos... GOSH, I had meant it as a joke! Hee hee.

No comments: