Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer's Here!

Summer weather was slow to join our summer vacation this year. It finally arrived! Today was the PERFECT summer day. Heat that drove people to the lakes to enjoy God's great creation...sunshine...blue skies...no rain. My family enjoyed swimming in the lake at Grandma's house while I worked! Still, when I drove to town to do some errands I got my kicks just being in the moment and wishing that every day in Minnesota could be like today.

Yesterday morning was beautiful as well. Open skies and sunshine promised a day to enjoy outside. Because my husband has been very sick I decided it was THE time to wash all of our bedding. So the washing began and before long I had three large comforters and some towels floating on our clothesline. Just after I hung the last towel my kids called out from the trampoline, "Mom! It's raining!" Which, of course I had noticed but was trying to ignore. I told myself that a few sprinkles wouldn't matter at all, which I verbalized to them.

I went inside and continued to clean, still ignoring what was happening outside. My three children were squealing and screaming in delight as the rain POURED down on them. They love to play in the rain. My bedding does too. It stayed on the line all night long and into this afternoon. It had a double rinse directly from nature, because I like to do things as naturally as possible. (uh-huh...) and smells of sunshine and outdoors. I can't wait to crawl under them tonight!

No comments: