Sunday, April 12, 2009

Refusing to Stink

I love to wear the color black. I guess it started with the whole black is slimming thought, but it continued because I like black with blond hair. I don't know why. And then it continued further because black goes with everything. Sooo, I love the idea of "little black dress" approved deodorant. Summer is coming and so are sleeveless black tank tops and black t-shirts. (No, I don't wear black every day, I do like to mix it up and wear COLORS. I do.) After a winter of turtlenecks and sweaters and being covered up from head to toe, it's time to think about those deodorant marks that come with the standard solid deodorant.

In the past I bought one of those rocks that you wet and rub on your underarms as a deodorant substitute. The all natural way of not smelling. I've also tried to not wear deodorant when I know I won't be working out. But sometimes it seems like I'm always working out because I have a very busy life, so that didn't last long. Yes, I'm a girl, and I'm always supposed to smell like flowers, right? I don't pass gas, I flower. My point here is that I want to be healthy and natural and don't want to apply things that are considered to be bad for you. It seems like the solid deodorant just washes off much easier.

I used up all of my deodorant so in purchasing my new stick last night, I opted for the black-friendly sort. I tried a different brand, thinking, surely there HAS to be a brand that will wash off and not stick like adhesive to your skin! But this brand does not. Scrub, scrub, rinse, rinse...still there. Repeat. Still there. One has to use a brillo pad to get it off. (No, I don't...the abrasive facial scrub seems to get most of it off, but it still feels like it's there.)

So, I shall keep the stick of glue for the days that I wear short sleeved or sleeveless black, and go buy a stick of solid for the days that I don't. Because it just doesn't seem right to me, to have your underarms sealed 100% of the time. I could be wrong and it could be no big deal whatsoever. If so, GOOD. If not...well, that's what the solid is for. And I will use my rock again, in the event that those lazy days that don't seem exist anymore happen to pop up. Cuz, hey...I'm all for that!

2 comments:

Cynthia Hernandez / cruizen4u said...

This blog was way too funny. The things we think about huh? Hehe.
Thanks for sharing!
Cindy Hernandez
http://cindyzcreations.blogspot.com

Morgan Mandel said...

I like Almay unscented rollon. I hate smelling deoderant, especially when it's strong or overrides someone's cologne.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com