Saturday, April 4, 2009

Impulsive Moves: Posters & Bubble Gum...a Mother Relates

Somewhere we got a small Twilight poster, though who it belonged to was not quite settled. So my younger daughter decided to cut Edward and Bellas heads out. Not sure why, but to her it seemed like a good idea, I guess. Well, older sister freaked out and it was a big deal, because it wasn't her poster to cut up.

Reminds me of....an impulsive move I made as a kid that seemed like a good idea at the time, until you've done it and then you think, Oh. Maybe I shouldn't have done that.

It was either MY pack of gum or my sisters. That, I can't remember. I do remember being in a bedroom with a WHOLE pack of gum. It was sticks of gum and they were bubble gum flavored. What a treasure! I thought it would be a good idea to unwrap each and every stick of gum and put them all in a bowl. Cuz that's convenient and lovely, like a bowl of candy sitting out. If I had a visitor, I could pick up the bowl and pleasantly ask, "Stick of gum?"

Something in my mind says it was my sisters gum. I don't know if she ever found out about it, but, I guess I owe her a pack of gum.

Edward and Bellas faces are now bookmarkers. We've gotten over the incident without lasting trauma, so we'll be all right.

No comments: