Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm considering running a 5K, which is huge because I've never been a runner. I would have under 3 months to prepare, which seems scary but should be enough time. I have so many changes that I want to make in my life and this is exactly what would boost me in the right direction. I need to eat better, sleep better, drink more water...
So here's what I vow to not do:
-I will not lose my balance on the treadmill and be shot off the back. At least not at the Y.
-I will not eat foods that cause gas before going to the Y. Especially particular brands of veggie burgers, which do this to me.
-I will not drive to the Y in my workout clothes but wearing slip-on shoes, as I have in the past.
-I will not walk past the bicycle rows when my legs are jelly from exhaustion and trip over someone's cord because I can't lift my feet, therefore erasing all of their workout info. Luckily the gal was nice to me afterwards...
-I will not worry if my workout pants are a little tight at first. They WILL get bigger. (or maybe it's the other way around? The butt gets smaller???)
-I will not get discouraged when my pre-teeny bopper daughters pass me up and become specks in the distance ahead of me.
-I will not wait all day to get my workout in without planning it, and then have it get too late.
-I will not give up this time. I will be a runner for life.

Now GOOOOOOOOOO!