Monday, January 5, 2009

I've been doing research tonight - trying to find a home for a short romance story that actually pays, doesn't charge a reading fee, and won't take a year to get back to me. Wish me luck! I've found some places to submit to.

Last week on christmas vacation while I was working the kids decided to write their own charades game. I had to get some of these down before throwing them away:

"Flushing the toilet"
"Be Chinese" (I'll have to talk to them about this one...)
"Be a car"
"Be a candle"
"Slapping your bare butt" (Again with the talk...)
"Freak"
"Set dowen" (Written by a first grader)
"Be bad" (First grader again)
"?" (First grader)
"Slapping an old lady" (WHAT???)
"Be Mom!" (I so wish I could've seen this one! Or do I?)
"Crapping in the toilet" (Ugggggggggggh)
"Be a hillbilly"
"dam" (Hmmm, this is first grader handwriting. Is it the type of dam at a park?)
"Acting like an angle" (I'm thinking they meant angel, but angle would be cool too...)
"Be a poopy turd" (What sort of kids am I raising? There's even an illustration on this one!)
"SS" (Hmmm, dunno. snake?)
"Poop" (Yep. First grader)
"Rob" (Because why? Hopefully not practice for our future!)
"Cry" (Easy)
"Drinking coffee" (which is probably the same as "Be Mom") (I hope)
"Plunging the toilet" (cuz we love us the potty humor)
"Cool" (Again, probably the same as "Be Mom")
And my favorite;
"portgiy portvilin" (First grader. I have no idea.)

No comments: